While some dismiss Bitcoin as a fading trend, many more are beginning to see it as the future of commerce. A 2020 survey showed that 36% of small and mid-sized businesses already accept cryptocurrency, as do many larger businesses and organizations, including Microsoft, AT&T, Wikipedia, and TeckGalaxy.
While Bitcoin can be purchased with real cash, it’s more commonly “mined” using a combination of specialized hardware and software. This article reviews the best bitcoin mining software based on reputation, features, ease of use, and more. Here are our top four picks.
Bitcoin Mining software is a specialized tool that uses your computing power to mine cryptocurrency. In exchange for mining operations, you can receive a monetary reward in the form of digital currency. These applications provide a detailed report based on your earnings. Most of these software programs are automated, and one does not need technical skills to use them.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Bitcoin Mining Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Kryptex is an application that helps you to mine cryptocurrency and allows you to pay dollars or bitcoins. This application also works when your PC is idle.
- You can set up this software with ease.
- This cryptocurrency mining software provides a clean GUI.
- It automatically starts when you turn on the PC.
- Mine with your CPU and GPU.
- It is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese and more.
- Light mode function that allows computers resources to be used at a low percentage while mining cryptocurrencies.
- It pays in Ruble, Bitcoin, and Amazon Gift Cards
- Cannot run the lite version on only 1 GPU
- It pays in Ruble, Bitcoin, and Amazon Gift Cards
Earning Potential: Any modern PC with a powerful GPU can generate up to $30 to $70 per month.
Supported Platforms: Windows 10
Established in early 2018, BeMine provides its services in Russia and CIS countries. They were pioneers of cloud sharing of ASIC-miners. BeMine operates more than ~70,000Th/s in Irkutsk, Moscow, and Chelyabinsk region, in Siberia, even in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and they keep scaling. BeMine unites Russian data centers, miners, and individuals who want to participate in cryptocurrency worldwide.
- Users can purchase and store mining equipment without personal presence during the purchase, transportation, installation, configuration, and maintenance of ASIC.
- Miners are invited to store their equipment in partnered data-centers
- If you don’t want to purchase the whole ASIC-miner, you can also try shares. BeMine can sell up to 1/100 share of exact ASIC for a reasonable price, which may become a handy way to start a coin mining experience without the necessity of purchasing a whole expensive machine itself.
- You can avail of door-to-door delivery of ASIC.
- Fare cloud contracts with deposit extraction.
- The shares that they provide of ASICs allow many traders to join the mining process.
- Miners store their equipment in data centers for added security.
- Non-worth mentioning
Earning Potential: The earnings potential per day for this software is $6.91.
Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac, and Linux
ECOS is one of the best cloud mining providers out in the industry. It was established in 2017 in the Free Economic Zone. It is the first cloud mining provider that is operating with legal status. ECOS has more than 90 000 users from all over the world.
- The minimum price for a mining contract is $49
- Convenient calculator on the website for choosing a mining contract (has standard and pro versions)
- ECOS is a full-fledged investment platform. It includes not only cloud mining but also a wallet, exchange, investment portfolios, savings.
- ECOS has a convenient mobile app. It is available in App Store and Google Play
- Get a free mining contract for 1 month after registration
- Daily payments.
- The very low minimum withdrawal from 0.001 BTC.
- Wide range of contracts
- Only BTC mining
Shamining is a cloud mining platform that enables you to mine cryptocurrencies without any hardware and skills.
- Currently the most promising investment platform
- It enables you to control your miners from any device.
- You can calculate your income.
- Using this platform is very easy.
- Environmentally friendly infrastructure.
- Mining farms use green energy from wind and solar power plants.
- Good technical support is offered on a 24/7 basis.
- Compatible with all computer systems.
- It enables you to mine digital currency without using expensive equipment.
- Meager minimum investment at $ 500 and Withdrawals from 0.001 BTC
- Regulated under FCA, ASIC, and CySEC rules.
- Users are required to submit personal information during verification.
Supported Platforms: Windows, iOS, macOS, Android.
5. CCG Mining
CCG Mining is a cloud mining application that enables you to trade various digital currencies like Bitcoin, Eterium, Zcash, and more. This software helps you to achieve the highest level of hash rate to boost your income.
- It enables you to create your own mining rig.
- This cloud application keeps your digital money secure using SSL.
- It helps you to trade currency without any maintenance fee.
- It does not have any purchase limit.
- Friendly customer support via Skype and email.
- Offers unlimited contracts.
- Cloud mining contract buyers have the ability to get hash rates calculated based on their funding capabilities.
- Maintenance fees are high.
Earning Potential: Monthly Payout of 0.0066 BTC.
Supported Platforms: Windows
6. Cudo Miner
Cudeo Miner cryptocurrency miner enables you to earn as much money as possible from your PC or laptop. It is easy to install, secure to use, and safe on your hardware.
- It offers auto coin switching to maximize profit.
- Provides setting and control to adjust GPU speed and performing optimization.
- Supports CPU, GPU, and ASIC mining.
- It has an advanced hashing algorithm that allows for more customized mining.
- Security through multi-factor authentication.
- You can view your stats, earnings, manage users to withdraw funds, and more with ease.
- You can access it from the command line interface.
- Easy to use, intuitive interface which is easy to navigate.
- Software is free to use and install.
- Withdrawal fees are slightly on the higher side.
Supported Platforms: Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, and macOS
BetterHash is a cryptocurrency mining software that enables you to trade for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, Grin Coin, ZCash, etc. This tool can be used by both experienced and beginner users.
- You can trade cryptocurrency without any setup.
- Allows you to mine profitable cryptocurrency in efficient mining pools.
- It can create a wallet for each digital currency you are trading.
- You can transfer cryptocurrency to external wallets or leave it in your account.
- It allows pools to direct harsh power without any consent.
- Low profitability potential.
Earning Potential: You can $9.3 per day.
Supported Platforms: Windows
Different cryptocurrencies have different command line mining tools, and this makes managing them a chore. This is where Easyminer comes into the picture, making things easier.
Easyminer is a graphical, open-source mining software that lets you mine Bitcoin, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies. It supports minerd, cudaminer, ccminer, cgminer, and ASIC mining for Bitcoin. Easyminer comes with a dedicated “Moneymaker” mode, which is dedicated to the mining of LTC on its own stratum pool. There’s also a “Solo” mode, which allows users to choose a pool of their own, as well as a custom hash algorithm corresponding to the coin they want to mine. Easyminer uses the NHIL (Network Hardware ID Layer) protocol to provide an extra layer of security for the pool stratum and wallet architecture.
- It’s worth mentioning that Easyminer only works on Windows.
9. Awesome Miner
Awesome Miner software works great if you have one mining rig to work with. But if you want to manage multiple mining rigs and of different types (e.g., ASICs, FPGAs), you need something a bit more robust. Enter Awesome Miner.
Having powerful centralized mining management features, Awesome Miner supports more than 50 mining engines, such as Ccminer, Bminer, XMRig AMD Miner, SRBminer, and SgMiner. It’s also compatible with all popular mining algorithms, such as SHA-256, Scrypt, X11, Ethereum, and Zcash. You can add, switch, and manage pools for multiple miners in a single operation. Awesome Miner’s comprehensive dashboard lets you monitor the status and temperature of all ASIC and FPGA devices from one location. There’s also a built-in C# script engine, which can create customized triggers and actions. In a single operation, you can use the program to set up privileged API access and configure default pools for all Bitmain Antminer ASICs.
- Awesome Miner works on Windows and Linux and offers a web front-end that can be accessed from any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
BFGminer is an ASIC and FPGA mining application that does not allow GPU mining. It has an advanced remote interface, tracking, and clocking functionality geared toward miners looking for customization ability.
BFGMiner has a built-in network & stratum proxy server. Its highly structured code divides work acquisition and submission into two threads, ensuring that working resources are not hampered. BFGminer is not only a very flexible app, but it’s also cross-platform, with the ability to run it on a Raspberry Pi.
Despite being text-based, the GUI is very user-friendly, and you can navigate through the various choices using hotkeys.
- Ability to hash on several popular mining algorithms at the same time.
- Ability to simultaneously mine different cryptocurrencies.
- Powerful mining features